THE DIFFERENCE ONE LIFE CAN MAKE
NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA – THE FIRST FEMALE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION: BREAKING THE STEREOTYPE; SETTING THE PACE.
What are your alibis? Is it your age?; Your gender? ; race? ; ethnicity? ; Your family background? ; Your marital status? ; Lack of human connection? ; Lack of finances? ; – the list could be endless.
- Whatever excuses you have for playing small in the game of life, write them down – everything.
- Take a last look at the list of those excuses and then tear it apart. Yes! Shred it into pieces.
- Write another list of what your heart dreams of becoming. Yes! Blow off the ceiling of limitations. Become like a child who believes in the impossible and sees no limitations.
- Write down your assets – what you have. If you permit me, I can help you with some clues to identify your assets – Yes! That’s my specialty:
- You have intelligence.
- You have the determination.
- You are smart.
- You are loaded with potential and abilities beyond that which you can ever use up in a lifetime and so much more.
In fact, all that you’ve ever required to have extraordinary success and live an amazing life has been packaged inside of you – Yes! It’s all in you.
It is only a little help that you will ever need to ascend to the peak of your destiny that lies outside of you. And when you identify, utilize, and maximize the major help within, you attract the help without. Remember, it’s what is in you that makes you go up and keep going up.
- Write out the reason(s) you want to accomplish extraordinary success.
- Examine your motives:
Do you want what you want solely for yourself or for selfish reasons? Or do you want to make a significant impact in the lives of people in order to make a difference in the domain of life? What’s your vision founded upon? Do you see yourself as the “center of the universe?” or do you see yourself as a vessel that Providence uses to better the lives of humanity? – changing lives one day at a time in whatever way you can.
- Evaluate your motives to evolve into the kind of person that would accomplish extraordinarily in the world and keep staying on top.
Think contribution rather than recognition and you will change the course of history. Think distribution rather than possession and you will have great possession for distribution.
You need to train your mind and keep it trained. When you self-develop you self-evolve into a person of value. Your mental growth is the key to your personal growth and success – You can’t take on life until you take up consistent mental growth and development.
Whom you know matters, but what you know and what you do with what you know will make you become a master in your specialty; and make you matter in the ranks of life.
To succeed in every area of life and keep on succeeding you must train your mind and keep it trained to achieve progressive success.
To become relevant grow in-depth and relevant knowledge. Prioritize, specialize, and you will materialize success.
Get wisdom, get skill and understanding, gain depth, take on problems, and provide creative solutions and you will take up opportunities to progressively succeed.
THE WOMAN WITH NO LIMITS
NgoziOkonjo-Iweala is a Nigerian American economist and International development expert who has served since March 1, 2021, as Director General of the World Trade Organization.
OkonjoIweala spent a 26-year career at World Bank as a development economist, scaling the ranks to the number 2 position of managing director, operations (2007-2011).
- The first woman and the first African to hold the office as the 7th Director General of the World Trade Organization.
- The first woman to serve as Nigeria’s Finance Minister and the first woman to serve in that office twice, and the only Finance Minister to have served under two different Presidents.
These are just but a few of her achievements and recognition:
- In 2005, Euromoney named her Global Finance Minister of the Year.
- The top 100 Global Thinkers (foreign policy, 2011 and 2012).
- The top most powerful women in the world (Forbes, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014).
- The top 10 most influential women in Africa (Forbes 2011).
- The top 3 most powerful women in Africa (Forbes 2012).
- The top 100 most influential people in the world (Time 2014).
- One of the 50 greatest world leaders (Fortune 2015).
- 2020 African of the Year, Forbes Africa.
- She was listed among 73 “brilliant” business influencers in the world by Conde Nast International.
Will you get up and step up on life’s stage to make a difference in your life through your contribution to life?
Yes! You can. Yes! You will.
You are the next…
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
. . .
About the Author
Udeme Archibong is a prolific writer, an astute communicator and a model of excellence. Her writings have made profound impact on thousands of lives around the world through her blog: successrecipeblog.com, which has followings in over 70 countries in continents of the world.
She is a Self-Development Expert, who passionately works towards helping people maximize their destinies.
At some point, she was a motivational columnist, writing Success Recipe and Destiny Catalyst, for two Nigerian national newspapers, Vanguard and ThisDay, respectively. She is the initiator of the Revolution Series Seminars