FOUNDATION OF SUCCESS (PART 8)
“It simply makes no difference how good the rhetoric is or even how good the intentions are, if there is little or no trust, there is no foundation for permanent success.”
- STEPHEN COVEY.
The greatest achievement in life is attaining character maturity-the developing of strength of character.
Until you are becoming a better person daily the seemingly outward achievements will worsen the quality of your inner life which will eventually manifest in the different areas of your life. When the character becomes weak every other aspect of life weakens.
Position, wealth or recognition cannot convey genuine respect and permanent influence but character does. Genuine respect and permanent influence cannot be bought but rather it is earned over time. Respect and influence are built up and sustained through trustworthy character.
- Focus on developing a strong inner life and less on the outward. Never seek to look better on the outside and neglecting to be better on the inside. Never keep up appearances but rather keep up with the reality of developing character. Never neglect your heart, mind and soul lest you negate your destiny.
- Character is not a gift we receive but rather it is a choice we make every day
- Let the Golden Rule become your rule of engagement in the affairs of life.
- Practice what you teach and never teach what you are not practicing, teach only what you believe in. Individuals with character are persons of Principles and Passion emerging from their convictions.
- Humility elevates character and is produced by your willingness to serve others.
- Gratitude multiplies the virtues of character.
- Character protects and preserves the quality of your inner life which defines, refines and secures the quality of your outer life.
- Character breeds longevity in leadership and makes you a powerful force for good.
- Character prevents the perpetuation of hurt. People who lack moral character do not only hurt themselves or their destinies but they also hurt the people in the circle of their influence.
- Character preserves and secures your life’s cause and legacy – people buy into you before they buy into your cause which creates your legacy. And when character is flawed people’s loyalty to a cause is sold out and legacy becomes floored.
- Continuous character growth and development empowers you to finish strong and finish well – staying faithful until your life’s course is completed.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
. . .
About the Author
Udeme Archibong is a prolific writer, an astute communicator and a model of excellence. Her writings have made profound impact on thousands of lives around the world through her blog: successrecipeblog.com, which has followings in over 70 countries in continents of the world.
She is a Self-Development Expert, who passionately works towards helping people maximize their destinies.
At some point, she was a motivational columnist, writing Success Recipe and Destiny Catalyst, for two Nigerian national newspapers, Vanguard and ThisDay, respectively. She is the initiator of the Revolution Series Seminars