THE STRATEGY OF WINNING (PART 3)
”Your problem is to bridge the gap between where you are now and the goals you intend to reach.”
- EARL NIGHTINGALE.
Nothing great can happen in your life unless you make it happen. Human progress is not mechanical but rather it is deliberately activated. Hence, to transform your destiny, you need to have a dream.
Suffice to add, dreams without goals is a daydream. And goals are deliberate plan with deadline for accomplishing dreams. Invariably, a dream is your destination while goals are defined steps to get to your destination.
Imagine you want to develop your land. You begin building your house without a building plan, won’t the house be awkward?
Supposing you have a plan but it is not specific and detailed, what kind of results will you likely produce?
If you can’t build an enviable house without a plan that embodies specifics and details, so much more, you can’t build an ideal life without a plan. In fact, if you don’t plan and organize for success by having goals you are preparing to fail.
According to Wikipedia, “A goal is an idea of the future or desired result that a person or group of people envision, plan and commit to achieve”
A goal is the consistent pursuit of a purpose or aim until it is realized or accomplished.
THE IMPORTANCE OF GOALS
- Without clear-cut goals, you cannot be able to recognize opportunities and resources you have at your disposal to change your life experiences, but instead, you drift with the crowd, just trying to survive and eke out a living.
- Goals sharpens your focus on your life’s mission and shapes your daily decisions to conform to your mission.
Not all opportunities that comes your way are for grasp if you want to grasp the reality of fulfilling your mission or living out your life’s purpose.
- Goals are the formidable instrument needed to design a life and also a compass to direct your life.
If you don’t have a target you are aiming for, you become an object being tossed to and fro by the winds of circumstances. Goals make you a subject, controlling the outcome of your life.
- Some people are workaholics; confusing activity with accomplishment. You can never work smart when you have no goals.
Therefore, hard work can be a frustrating experience if you don’t work smart by having goals and strategies to achieve those goals.
- Goals determines the quality and the measure of everything you do.
- Without goals life becomes meaningless and purposeless. Hence, happiness becomes elusive.
- Goals enables you to measure your progress in your success journey.
- Goals are what gives you access to tap into unlimited potentialities stored up within you.
It is impossible to maximize potentials without a definite purpose or goal. Consequently, to reach your potentials you must reach for goals.
- Goals gives your life direction and your actions precision.
Many people have aborted their destinies by sacrificing their dreams on the altar of “everybody else’s” mentality. You don’t have to follow what the crowd is doing. If you want to scale heights and become distinguished and useful to the world, you’ve got to have good reasons for your actions.
- An individual without goals could be likened to a fisherman who wants to catch fish but has no net to catch the fish. Consequently, without goals success is farfetched.
If the individual manages to get the net to catch the fish, an issue still remains unresolved, the size and quality of the net will determine the amount of fish that will be caught. So it applies.
Invariably, the size and quality of your goals will determine the size and quality of your accomplishment. You were not designed to survive through the day but rather to thrive through the day and until you strive for goals you will be unable to thrive through life.
- An individual with goals make time serve him, instead of serving time. Life is measured in time, consequently, when time is wasted, life is invariably wasted. But when time is maximally utilized, life will be maximized without regrets.
- Goals give you the will to live and brings excitement to life. Goals motivate us into taking action.
According to Anthony Robbins, “the greatest gift that extraordinarily successful people have over the average person is their ability to get themselves to take action.”
Success is a product of specific actions that produce specific results. And you turn on your success drive when you have worthy and inspiring goals to reach for.
Therefore, goals is the way to take charge of your life and change your life. It is the pedestal on which you can achieve the impossible.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
. . .
About the Author
Udeme Archibong is a prolific writer, an astute communicator and a model of excellence. Her writings have made profound impact on thousands of lives around the world through her blog: successrecipeblog.com, which has followings in over 70 countries in continents of the world.
She is a Self-Development Expert, who passionately works towards helping people maximize their destinies.
At some point, she was a motivational columnist, writing Success Recipe and Destiny Catalyst, for two Nigerian national newspapers, Vanguard and ThisDay, respectively. She is the initiator of the Revolution Series Seminars