WHO IS IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE? (PART 7)
“If you want to be successful you have to take 100% responsibility for everything that you experience in your life. This includes the level of your achievements, the results you produce, the quality of your relationships, the state of your health and physical fitness, your income, your debts, your feelings – everything.”
- JACK CANFIELD.
You can never succeed at anything when you have an excuse for everything. If you are going to become a winner in the game of life you must disengage from the blame game.
When you complain about the way things are you can never change what is to what could be. The complaining mood is an indication that you can actually get into the mode of changing your life.
People may fear death but they never complain about death. You see, I have never met anyone or heard of anyone complaining about having to face death someday but rather people complain about life – they do know nothing can be done about death but something can be done about life.
The complaining mood puts you into an irresponsible mode that makes you lose control of your life.
Risk evaders are complaining emitters. Quit explaining and give up complaining if you want to take up control of your life.
But to cease complaining you have to seize taking responsibility in creating the change you require.
- You can take immediate control of your life by identifying the cause and effect of the area of your life you want to change and then take appropriate action to change your beliefs, behavior, actions and even inaction to produce the desired result.
- Having a clear vision for your life and a goals program enable you to take charge of your life.
- Become intentional in your thoughts, words and deeds in harmony with your goals; dreams and values.
- When you control self you influence people and the events of your life positively.
- Be sensitive to the inner promptings for unerring direction and pay close attention to both internal (intuition) and external indicators of warning of danger in the business of living to close the door to avoidable problems or crisis in life.
- You either choose to leave the situation; or you choose to accept to live with the situation; or you change the situation but never settle to complain about the situation lest your life becomes plain.
- To change the situation you must change you: change your thinking; change the way you communicate to yourself (self-talk) and with others; change the way you see yourself and the world; change your actions or behavior.
- Conditioned responses to situations only perpetuate conditions. Conscious responses embedded in good judgment create improved conditions.
Taking charge of your life could be likened to charging the battery that powers your mind to light up happiness and success in your life.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
. . .
About the Author
Udeme Archibong is a prolific writer, an astute communicator and a model of excellence. Her writings have made profound impact on thousands of lives around the world through her blog: successrecipeblog.com, which has followings in over 70 countries in continents of the world.
She is a Self-Development Expert, who passionately works towards helping people maximize their destinies.
At some point, she was a motivational columnist, writing Success Recipe and Destiny Catalyst, for two Nigerian national newspapers, Vanguard and ThisDay, respectively. She is the initiator of the Revolution Series Seminars
2 thoughts on “MENTAL DIET”
i love this perfect post
We greatly appreciate your kind words.
We greatly appreciate and love you.